January 26, 2010

32 Weeks Today!

At my first ultrasound, my perinatologist Dr. Gonzales, gave me three goals to meet. The first goal was to get to 24 weeks, the second goal was 28 weeks, and the third goal was 32 weeks. He said that by 32 weeks there is a 99% chance of delivering twins that will not suffer any long term problems as a result of being born prematurely.
I'm so happy that I reached that goal TODAY!
I can rest a little easier knowing that if they are born at this point, they may still have a little time to spend in the hospital but that they have almost 100% chance at surviving and thriving.
You go girls!

1 comment:

  1. Congrats!! Each little milestone is a big deal! I was so happy to make it to 32 weeks, then 34 weeks, then 36 weeks. I hated it, but I was thankful that the kids were growing healthier by the day.

    ReplyDelete

When did you find out it was twins?

Did your twins have any NICU time?

Do you plan to have kids after the twins?

What did you do with your baby clothes?