March 2, 2010

Diaper Dilema

Ever since I found out there was a large recycling plant just down the street from us here in Cedar, I have been more aware than ever of my carbon footprint. My husband and my cousin (our SUU student roomate) have had to endure all my plans and projects centered around recycling and reducing waste. The latest burden on my conscience has been the billions of disposable diapers my twins are sending to the landfill. I researched a little on hybrid diapers, which seem to combine environmentally friendly with convenient, but are also the most expensive... by quite alot. What do I do to reconcile my desire to protect the environment with my ultra skinny pocketbook?

2 comments:

  1. That is quite a position to be put in. My husband's grandmother suggested we do what they do in China and just not diaper them so they'll potty train quicker. Uh, no. Misty is going with a half and half approach. Use cloth/reusable diapers at home and disposable when you leave the house. That seems like a common sense approach to me...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shanalee told me about your blog a few days ago. I hope you don't mind me reading along! I am currently pregnant with twins (due July 2010) and I live in Cedar City. I'm sure I'll have lots of questions to ask you ladies!

    ReplyDelete

When did you find out it was twins?

Did your twins have any NICU time?

Do you plan to have kids after the twins?

What did you do with your baby clothes?