March 22, 2010

Helping Out

So, I've been trying to not be annoying, but I've really wanted to help Misty in her new experience. We all know how overwhelming newborn twins can be. I tried to think about the early days and weeks with my girls and what would be the most helpful. Some food came to mind. It was always so hard to find something quick to eat. All the laundry and dishes get pretty overwhelming. And I never seemed to get a nice, long shower.


I decided to head over one morning and bring her some juice and muffins. I offered to let her take a nice long shower. While she was in there, I folded some laundry and did a few dishes.

Misty expressed thanks - like I did SO much to help her. I really didn't in my mind, but I'm sure glad it helped. We've all been there.

I also stopped by the next morning. I brought a few microwave dinners that I've really enjoyed. I don't usually make yummy food for my family so making a whole meal besides macaroni and cheese would be an extra step, but I'll buy a few frozen dinners and hope she likes them.

Good luck Misty Louella! Let us know if we can do anything to help!

1 comment:

  1. I wish I lived closer! Sometimes it really is the littlest things that make the biggest difference. Even just another pair of adult arms to hold a crying baby while I tend to the other one would be awesome. The other night Marley drew the short stick so he just had to scream his guts out while I took care of Monet and got her off the bed. When it was finally Marley's turn, I got to work changing and feeding him and found he was totally poopy and had some wicked diaper rash. No wonder he was so upset! But what do you do when you've got two?

    ReplyDelete

When did you find out it was twins?

Did your twins have any NICU time?

Do you plan to have kids after the twins?

What did you do with your baby clothes?